- 26 March 2013
- DLA Piper LLP, Leeds
A - Z of Injunctions
This course is ideal for all those involved in the area of anti-social behaviour including Police Officers, Housing Officers, Environmental Health Officers, Legal Advisers and Community Safety Officers.
Not sure where to get started with the new push on injunctions and need some help? Do you need a refresher on effective use of current remedies available? Then this is the course for you.
This course will:
- Equip you in the effective use of injunctions in meeting the challenge of anti-social and related behaviour
- Ensure you have a thorough understanding of what remedies are available and how to use them
- Help you feel confident with procedures
- Provide the opportunity to learn from a highly experienced local authority Legal Officer and popular trainer
This course will cover:
- What is an injunction?
- Where do you get one?
- How do you get one?
- Against whom can you get one?
- The problems with minors and those with mental health issues and injunctions
- Interim injunctions
- Terms, duration and scope of injunctions
- Powers of arrest
- Enforcement of injunctions
- The following areas will be covered in detail:
- s153A, B and D Housing Act 1996 injunctions
- s222 Local Government Act injunctions
- Injunctions against trespass
- Prevention from Harassment Act 1997 injunctions
- Non-molestation and Family Act injunctions
- Changes proposed to injunctions
Mary Gibson, Leicester City Council
" Very informative - the presenter clearly understands his topic and makes what may be considered a dry subject very interesting and easy to understand"
"Very informative, especially about the new changes in case law re: introductory tenancies etc."
"Speaker obviously knows subject. Very helpful with questions "
Sharon Rana, Crawley Borough Council
Marcia Merry, Leicester City Council
- Adult - Children\'s - Social Services
- Community Safety
- Data Protection & Freedom of Information
- Highways and Rights of Way
- Management, Skills Training and Career Development
- Members & Governance
- Partnering & Procurement
- Trading Standards