- 23 May 2013
- DLA Piper LLP, London
Local Land Charges
A Guide to Local Land Charges from the viewpoint of a Local Land Charge Practitioner. This day is for new or inexperienced Local Land Charge Officers
This day will help you to:
- Understand the basics of Local Land Charges
- Learn the fundamentals of Local Land Charges from practitioners who deal with it everyday
- Focus on searches and all that they involve
- Keep up-to-date with new legislation
- Look at forthcoming changes in the world of Local Land Charges
- Address problems and learn how to solve them
WHAT ARE LOCAL LAND CHARGES?
- A basic guide to originating legislation
- Where do charges come from?
- How are they entered in the Register of Local Land Charges?
LOCAL AUTHORITY SEARCHES
- The LLC1 form “Requisition for a Search and Official Certificate of Search”
- The CON29 form “Enquiries of Local Authorities”
- Fees for searches
CURRENT DEVELOPMENTS IN LOCAL LAND CHARGES
- Customer Service improvement ideas, access arrangements for personal searchers
- New legislation
- Forthcoming changes
Denise Siwicka, South Cambridgeshire District Council
" Claire Fryer is extremely knowledgeable about the subject of land charges, she is articulate and enthusiastic"
"I enjoyed the course and Claire has been an excellent presenter and informative "
Christina Sanders, East Sussex County Council
- Adult - Children\'s - Social Services
- Community Safety
- Data Protection & Freedom of Information
- Highways and Rights of Way
- Management, Skills Training and Career Development
- Members & Governance
- Partnering & Procurement
- Trading Standards